Brief description for Uphold:
Uphold has been significantly used in the management of enlarged prostate gland in males as well as premature ejaculation. Uphold is a combination of generic compound Tadalafil and Dapoxetine. The medication has also been used for the management of increased pressure in the lungs.
Mechanism of action for Uphold:
Uphold generally consists of Tadalafil and Dapoxetine as the major active ingredient. Tadalafil helps in inhibiting the cGMP specific PDE5 inhibitor that helps to degrade the activity of corpus cavernosum located around the penile region. Penile erection occurs due to increased supply of blood caused due to the relaxation of penile arteries and corpus cavernosum. This response is mediated by release of NO that causes stimulation of cGMP in smooth muscles. Moreover, Dapoxetine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor that helps in premature ejaculation.
Dosage Information for Uphold:
Uphold is available in a strip of 4 tablets with strength of 10mg Tadalafil and 30mg Dapoxetine. The medication needs to be taken orally 30 minutes before the sexual activity with sufficient amount of water. The effect of the medication lasts for about 36 hours so avoid the consumption of more than one tablet in a period of 24 hours.
Missed Dose: There are no chances of missed dose as it needs to be taken once prior to sexual intercourse.
Overdose: In case of overdose issues, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Side effects linked with Uphold:
There are some side effects likely to occur while consuming this medication such as headache, nausea, vomiting, fever, swelling on face and itching.
Contraindications while using Uphold:
- Avoid using it while allergic reactions to active ingredient Tadalafil and Dapoxetine
- Do not use this in case of cardiac issues, liver or kidney damage issues and other serious ailments.
Warnings & Precautions:
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco products with this medication.
- Intake of grapefruit juice should be avoided while use of this medication.
- Not recommended for individuals less than 16 years of age.
- Avoid driving or operating any machinery that require your alertness as the use of this medication might cause dizzy effects.
- Additional Information
Generic Name TADALAFIL+DAPOXETINE Manufacturer New No Prescription / OTC Prescription